Saturday, September 28, 2013

Brokenness is beautiful.

Brokenness is beautiful. 

Us being real and not masking our weakness nor relying on our self sufficiency but instead trusting in The Lord's sufficient grace and leaning not on our own power  strength and understanding lets His strength, beauty, power shine through us. That's the whole point... Isn't it?!?    



I went to a Bible study tonight. Over Phillipians. From worship to the discussion to the prayer to the conversation / fellowship after , I was ran through a gamut of emotions. 

I cried - during worship, talking to the Father, crying out for clarity and understanding, getting real,there were pain and confusion filled tears. 

During the discussion, at a reminder of the Fathers love, sovereignty, and care. The verse we were stuck on ( Philip. 1:6) was ( I'd say by coincidence - IF I believed in those ) *EXACTLY* what I needed. The Lord knew. And heard my cry. And met me. Oh so tenderly. And reminded me He's always been there. And I cried again. This time it was tears of relief.  

During the prayer after ,I was overwhelmed by His goodness. That bought different tears. Ones of JOY. Oh friend. He's sooo delishily intrinsically flat-out  GOOD. Despite us. Despite our mistakes. 

During the fellowship , there was a rush of peace. A sigh of contentment. A sigh of being home. Like a tired baby who finally is settled in on mamas lap on the rocker with blankie and a bottle. 

As I left , there was a flood of thanksgiving. All i could do was thank The Lord for what He had done and the people he's connected me with. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment