Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Clean



I just finished doing dishes. And I wept. Not because doing dishes isn't my favorite (it isn't!) nor because the task was done! (Praise ye the Lord!)

But because of Abba's goodness and love.

You see, there were two types of dishes I was cleaning

-  The first I rinsed off, put in dishwasher, then set them aside for future use-their designed purpose-very quick process.
- The second was a single pan I had an IMMEDIATE use for- like as soon as it was clean, it was going to be used again,for it's designed purpose,for such a time as this {meal for a hungry barista!}. I took extra long with it, prepared clean water for it, and scrubbed it a lil longer,let it soak a bit more...because I knew It needed it for what I had planned,the "meal creator" with her tool.

Some times, I have felt like both. Maybe you have, too?

1) Quick but refreshing touch from God, then shelved until later...watching the "special" pans being used...wondering why not me, not realizing  IT'S NOT MY DESIGN!!!!!! Thank God !

2) The Pan- I feel like this sometimes,when God has me in a {seemingly} long season of "pruning" or scrubbing...just continually -by His Grace!- revealing things I need to work on,or change,and everyone around seems more "mature" or "seasoned" or "used" . Being led to stay, soak,learn, (all amazing stuff!) but wanting to go,do,be,see. Not realizing that it was preparation for His plan.

It's like this...



SOMETIMES YOU'RE ON THE BENCH,SOMETIMES YOU'RE ON THE PLATE (hahhahha!)
But it doesn't mean you're not part of the team. A pitcher (again?! WHERE does baseball get their terms,the kitchen?!)  isn't necessarily a good catcher, or vice versa. And trying to fulfill the part of another team member might tire-out their arm so they can't do their part! There's times to rest, times to be "on deck" warming up,and times to GO!

There's goodness in both. Wisdom in both. Love in Both. Take joy and have peace where The Coach has placed you, trusting He sees the bigger picture and knows the whole team's strengths and weaknesses and seek the purpose for your current position. Don't get discouraged because you're being coached more or less than the others,or momentarily on the bench... your times' coming, Batter Up!



No comments:

Post a Comment