Friday, January 2, 2015

Focus.

Ok. I'll admit it . I don't like doing cliche anything and especially blog post everyone else is doing. I mean this comes from a girl who cooked her first turkey today, January 2nd. Not forThanksgiving or Christmas but just because. But. I felt the need to share with you something I was reminded of at least twice today. So my first blog post of 2015 is on focus…

 I had today off, so I visited a friend. We were hanging out and enjoying the day when I got a text from someone who was upset with me about a miscommunication and a situation that I couldn't control. It took me a few minutes to get over making them upset and refocus on enjoying the time with my friend. 

Later, I was playing a game on my iPhone and kept getting stuck on a level. As soon as I switched my focus and strategy I passed and it was very very easy. 

I was just reminded today that we'll always have situations and people whispering in our hearts trying to distract us and get or focus on what needs to be done. And we can become continually frustrated when we keep hitting the brick wall of trying to go forward by appeasing everyone or doing things their way… or even OUR OWN WAY vs. Gods. {OUCH!} 

Neamiah. Jonah. Joseph. Jesus. Noah. Jacob. Moses.Esther. Daniel. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Elijah. Rahab. Mary.  People who had incredable focus for their tasks. But also incredable opposition. 

I'm sure Noah thought about ditching the boat. And Daniel wanted out of the lion's den... And on and on. We know Jonah's story or reluctance and Jesus even said if there were other ways, let it be, but if not...

I am convinced  what got them through the fire and the flood, the lonely nights, the blistered hands, the weird looks, and the snide comments was FOCUS. Focus on the end result- and the promise Paul reminded the Galations of : 

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. ( Galatians 6:9 NIV) 


And the Phillipians! 
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. ( 3:13&14) 

One of the major things that I feel gets my focus off is forgetting that love is patient. I get impatient- with my self and others- and get frazzled and disorderly in my thinking and actions. 

I put pressure on myself - and others-and forget that God  -unlike others I have encountered- doesn't expect immediate results because He's already done it. And He knows we're learning and it takes time. 😊. 

So this Year let's resolve to be more conciencious and FOCUSED on the LOVE of the Father in us, for us , and through us. 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment